Wednesday, January 25, 2012

HIIIT Upper Body

Wanted to stop in real quick and share a HITT arms workout that I just did! Seth and I are heading to the Bahamas in about a month and I'm in TWO weddings so no better time than the present to prepare for bikini and strapless dress season! So, without further ado...

*Start with 50 jumping jack to warm up. Complete each set 3 times through without much rest then sprint for 2 minutes (or do high knees if no treadmill available) then move onto the next set.

First Set: Shoulders
- 15 alt. front raises
- 15 bent over flies
* 2 minute sprint

Second Set: Chest
- 15 push-ups
- 15 chest presses
* 2 minute sprint

Third Set: Triceps
- 15 tricep kickback (both arms)
- 15 triangle pushups on knees
* 2 minute sprint

Fourth Set: Lats and Upper Back
- 15 lateral pulldowns
- 15 seated rows

5 minute cool down and stretch

As you can see, most of this workout can be done at home! For the back exercises, if you don't have access to the gym equipment, just do bent over rows and bicep curls with dumb bells. This workout is designed to keep your heart rate up and your muscles working double time! It's a gooood burn. I even added in 10 reps of jumping jacks in between reps to keep the heart rate up. Try it!!

I followed that up with a little over 2 mile Fartlek run with Shane and a one mile cool down jog to bring my total to 5k.

Well, ladies and gents, I'm out! Sorry for the sporadic posts lately!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a sweaty workout! I should give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete