Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time to think

Workout: 45 minutes cross-train on the elliptical and walking with Shaney Shane


Today is a good day. Not for any particular reason other than I'm just happy to be alive and well.

These days I find myself less busy (Kayla moved, broke my heart...) and thinking more. There are so many big things coming up in Seth and I's little life. I say "little" life because in comparison, our lives are really "but a midst".  When major changes ( moving, new house, school, jobs, etc) come our way.. it is so easy to get tangled up in it all and become nervous, anxious, and overwhelmed.

Knowing that we have a heavenly Father who is watching over us... guiding us... or as I thought to myself the other morning, "turning the pages of our story for us in His own timing" .. I become thankful and humbled. He is teaching us many things during this process about ourselves and about Him.

One thing God did put into me was a sense of independence. I am the third oldest out of a family of eight children . I love my family very much, don't get me wrong at all. New family and blood. Where we move, though, is not dependent just on where family lives. I have this thirst for adventure and thrill and excitement which has helped me during this process to not become so overwhelmed that every little detail be perfect worked out in our timing.  I find the unknown mysterious and interesting and am more than anything, curious to see where God leads us.

Anyways, I wasn't planning on posting about all of this but here it is.

I checked the weather for this Sunday where the half marathon is and it said sunny and a high of 70!!
Sounds like perfect running whether, no? :)

Hope you're having a great day!

"Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5

1 comment:

  1. I like your prospective on change and independence. I'm happy you're moving forward, but I wish it wasn't so soon! <3

    ReplyDelete