|One egg, egg whites, turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, and spinach|
Workout before breakfast was....
Treadmill- 1 minute walk warm-up
- 1 1/2 minutes @ 6.0 speed
- 1 minute @ 9.0 speed
- continue with intervals for 20 minutes total
- straight to walking hill climb at 5.0 for 2 minutes, then 10.0 for 2 minutes, lastly 15.0 for 2 minutes then slowly climbed back down at the same rate.
Whew! I was so so sweaty and out of breath with this workout... maybe the treadmill isn't so bad?....
After I cooled down and stretched my legs I did 20 minutes of supersets:
Superset 1: Lat pulldown and mid row pulls
Superset 2: Shoulder press and pushups
Finished with a high plank hold and some T-pushups
Altogether I did 40 "real" push-ups and with each superset I started with a moderate weight and increased the weight until I reached muscle failure. 3 sets for each superset. Not too shabby...
I wanted to focus more on back, chest, and shoulders today because my lower body has had enough with all of the plyometrics and countless squats and lunges I completes this week. Also, my abs are really sore from a core workout I did yesterday. Boy, it's been a while since my abs have been sore and it feels good!
So here are some random things I wanted to share today:
- I pulled a 3 inch long hair off of Seth's chest last night... what????
- I hate shaving my legs... any other girls out there with me on this one??
- We want Shane to be Shane Victorino ( Phillies player he was named after) for Halloween. Anyone know where to get a cheap shirt or jersey for a dog??
- My sister Olivia passed her test with flying colors! Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!
- My client cancelled this morning... ahh, the unpredictable work of a personal trainer...
- We're going to see Paranormal 3 tonight with friends... spooky!
- Speaking of movies... last night Seth officially became part of the Cathey family. He had never seen SCARY MOVIE 3 before! What???... don't know how he got away with marrying me without seeing our "family movie"
Ok, so that's enough randomness for now I guess! Now onto a very yummy Fall recipe...
I found the recipe from this girl while browsing for some dinner ideas. This is what it looked like after we demolished 2/3 of it last night:
Here is her original recipe:
Baked Pasta with Pumpkin, Roasted Veggies, & Chicken
- 8-10 oz. Carba Nada pasta (I eyeballed it…any pasta would be fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large boneless & skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups roasted veggies (I used zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, & carrots)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella, freshly shredded
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta al dente, drain & set aside. Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute chicken pieces a few minutes & then add onion & garlic. Cook for a few minutes until almost cooked through.
In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, cooked chicken mixture, marinara sauce, pumpkin, cheeses, peas, dried basil, salt, pepper. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix, until all the pasta is coated with the sauce and the ingredients are combined.
Pour the pasta into an11x7 inch pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with a light sprinkling of mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 25 minutes.
Pretty darn easy, eh? The only trade-offs I did was used spaghetti and penne pasta( more fun to combine noodles!), used butternut squash and zucchini for my roasted veggies, and didn't use peas. Mmm.. such a great fall meal! You can't really taste the pumpkin but the added nutrients are great! Also, this could easily be made into a vegetarian recipe.
So give that recipe a try sometime soon! I promise you won't be disappointed :)
Now I leave you with this:
He's been so bored this week, what with all the nasty rain. Off to take him out before it starts up again!