Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review X2

So today I have 2 reviews for you guys! Seth and I watched the movie/documentaries FOOD INC. and FOOD MATTERS this weekend. We both really enjoyed them so I figured I'd make a post about them in case any of you were interested in checking them out!

First up, FOOD INC.

Here is a summary from Netflix about the film:

Drawing on Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation and Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma, director Robert Kenner's Oscar-nominated documentary explores the food industry's detrimental effects on our health and environment. Kenner spotlights the men and women who are working to reform an industry rife with monopolies, questionable interpretations of laws and subsidies, political ties and rising rates of E. coli outbreaks.


This sums up the movie pretty well. It showed what's really going behind the scenes of a few of the largest food and meat corporations in the world. They interviewed real farmers, real workers for these companies, and seemed to have an honest approach throughout the film. It didn't push vegetarianism or veganism at all, which I really liked. However, after learning some facts from this movie and deciding on my own, I will no longer be eating most meat. It also talked about the outbreak of E-coli and how harmful it is and will continue to be if we allow these companies to manufacture as they do. It's honest, factual, and important to be aware of these things so please check this film out!


Next up is FOOD MATTERS:


With a staggering number of Americans suffering from obesity and other food-related maladies, this film takes a timely and hard-hitting look at how the food we eat is helping or hurting our health, and what we can do to live (and eat) better. Nutritionists, naturopaths, scientists, doctors, medical journalists and more weigh in on everything from using food as medicine to the value of organic food and the safety of the food we consume.


This movie was very eye-opening to me! They had several doctors, scientists, and nutritionists weighing in on various subjects, the largest being how helpful (not harmful) vitamins are to the human body and the healing power of proper nutrition. It really honed in on the fact that America is really all about making money. Serious diseases like cancer have been proven to be healed by high doses of Vitamin C ( like 100,000 to 500,00 ML/day). However, it is illegal in the U.S. to use this therapy instead of Chemo. Why? Because of money. If word got out that proper nutrition and vitamins could heal many ailments and sicknesses, what would happen to the high cost medical industry? It wouldn't be as successful or make nearly as much money. The other thing, doctor's are not learning much about nutrition in med school. I don't know about you, but I've never been suggested by a doctor to up my Niacin intake to help with depression. Have you?


Anyways, don't wanna preach to you guys or anything. This movie also had alot of insight in ridding your body of toxins, water intake, and lots more! Check it out if you have netflix :)


Anyways, off to walk Mr. Shane. The sun has finally peaked today! Later ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have actually seen Food Inc! That made me a vegetarian actually! I pushed it even further and went vegan a few months after but I started eating some dairy again - mostly just Greek yogurt and sometimes cheese (when it's on pizza). It really opened my eyes and got me to think so differently! I never preach anything on anyone though. I think if people choose to eat meat, that's great - I just hope they are getting it from the right places!

    ReplyDelete