Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lately...

We've been doing some of this:






And in just a bit we're gonna do some more of it! Pool time baby!


Sorry it took me a few days to update again. My craptastic laptop at home is not workin with me.


I had to share with you this recipe for delicious chicken-tomato flat bread I made yesterday!




Here is what I used to make this scrumptious lunch:


- Arnold Whole Wheat Pita
-drizzle of olive oil
-1 fresh tomato cut in slices
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 of a grilled chicken breast, shredded
-pinch of garlic salt
-1 tsp. basil


It was easy to make and fast too. Simply open the pita, drizzle with olive oil, place tomato, chicken, and cheese on pita, and top with garlic salt and oregano. Place in broiler for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Cool and enjoy!


I wanted to use fresh mozzarella but forgot to pick it up so shredded it was! There are endless combinations to this as well. Feta, greek olives, pesto! Basically anything you want! Try it sometime :)


BREAKFAST today went un-photographed. Just some Kashi cereal and blueberries.


LUNCH, however...


Mexican Salad!
In my salad contained: Romaine, spinach, grilled chicken, black beans, black olives, non-fat cheddar cheese, and salsa as my dressing. Had a 80 calorie ginger ale (due to some tummy troubles), and a snack size p.b. snickers. Yum!


WORKOUT: Walked, sprinted, jogged with Shane for 2 miles early. Then Kayla and I ran 3 miles and walked 1. I wanted to do some strength training today while Kayla slept but my tummy's still hurtin... we'll see.


This has felt like a long week. Seth's been under the weather and I've been working alot. I love my jobs though so not complaining... just looking forward to a slow weekend.


Later!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE weekends...

    That pita creation looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm your food pictures are making me hungry! Looks so good. The water park looks like fun, my kids love those.

    ReplyDelete