Today I want to honor all serviceman and women of the United States for their service to this great country.
- My big brother, who was deployed in Afghanistan earlier this year for about 5 months.
- My little sister who is still working hard on finishing her AIT and will soon be leaving for England for 2 years.
- My wonderful husband who gave an entire year to his country and was deployed to Afghanistan from May 2010 to late April 2011.
- The 4 soldiers who were KIA with Seth's unit last year. The ultimate sacrifice. God be with their families today and always.
- All other men and women of the US Armed Forces who have served, are serving, and will serve this country we freely live in.
I am very proud to be an Army wife today. Though this may be just a short chapter in our lives, I will never forget what I have lived and learned in these last 3 years. Through the greatest hardships and most stressful times, God has brought us through it. He spared Seth from being taken away from us last year. He brought him home safe. God is good. End of story.
God bless the troops and the U.S.A!
I know I've changed. I know I'll never be the old me. But I'm something more. I'm the new me defined by change, tested by life and death. I know pain, hurt, restlessness. I may someday "forget" the pain. I'll never forget them. Their faces will always be young to me. Their voices will always be heard. They're journey home is over. My journey continues. -SPC Seth Trader