Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Beginning of the End: Part 1

" Last November was the last time I saw him" I remember to saying to myself as I woke up the morning of April 18, 2011. Has nearly a year passed since we've slept in this bed together? I can't help but feel like I was in a dream. Or a nightmare.

My eyes begin to swell up. The salty tears slide down my cheeks. A very common event as I've been crying on and off the past month or so. I remember sitting in my car, talking to myself. I have to say the words to make them feel more real to me. " He IS coming home! You'll be in his arms soon! This really is almost over!"

It's almost too much to completely take in. I need someone to pinch me. Hard.

I roll over in bed. It's 5:30 and I know it'd be better to try and get some sleep but there was no way that was going to happen. I have a nervous and excited energy that cannot be controlled. However, it can at least be tamed. So I head out on my morning run with Shane. I have a bit of extra pep in my run this morning as I listen to  "I'm Coming Home" over and over and over again. I probably look a little crazy, what with a big grin on my face and tears in my eyes. Good run.

After I shower and get some clothes on I walk to the front porch and do something I've been looking forward to doing all year: put his sign on the railing!



TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment