Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Serious talk

I woke up to cold rain and wind. The rain turned into snow, which later turned into hail. The wind never let up. It was, by most standards, a crappy day weather-wise. 
But... it ended like this:


The sun slowly lowered in the distance and I knew this was God's way of demonstrating, through His own creation, what my past year has looked like. Seth and I have been through wind, hail, fire... and HE has brought us through it all. And now we are at the end...and the sun is about to shine brightly on us. I can see it. It's in the near distance. Hallelujah and praise the Lord!

Every time I really start to think and comprehend that he'll be home I begin crying. Tears of joy and relief and hope. It's difficult to actually process that this deployment is ending. No more worrying for my husband's life on a daily basis. No more losing sleep when I don't hear from him in weeks. No more anxiety at night as I watch tv and hope no one comes to my door in a uniform. No more talking through emails, skype, or phone calls. I will be able to LOOK at him when I talk to him. Hug and kiss him to show him my love.  It's all going to be so amazing. He's the love of my life and my hero. <3

Alright so now that I got all that out.... Let's move onto less serious and sappy things like... Today's food:

Breakfast: Arnold thin with almond butter and banana with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Lovin almond butter these days!!
   

close up
Lunch: Big spinach salad with broc. slaw, feta, craisins, onion, tomato, pecans, asparagus, and a lght raps. vin. dressing on top. 

Peach greek yogurt on the side :)
 Yum, yum! I'm trying to stay on track with my food intake... at least until Seth gets home then it's pizza, brownie sundaes, and beer! For a day or 2 at least ;)

Workout: Walked with Shane 1 mile. Walked 2 miles with Kayla on my back(with hills). Elliptical for 30 minutes. Running/jogging intervals for 20 minutes. Did back exercises today too: Lat pull down, rows, superman, and pelvic thrust.

Random (because that's how I roll) but I've been obsessed with this song all week. It's perfect for this time of the year (Easter). I might lead it in church for the Good Friday Service. Check it out if you'd like!

Well I'm exhausted so it's off to bed for me! Night!

1 comment: