Friday, March 11, 2011

Healthy fats

First of all, my prayers are with all of those who were affected by the events that occurred in Japan earlier today. It is so heartbreaking...

Second of all, it's the start of the weekend! Although I'm working tomorrow it's only for a few hours so I can handle that. Two clients today, two more tomorrow. And apparently because it's Friday night I think that I can just eat as many swedish fish and skittles that I can shove in my mouth... Ok, need to really stop now.

I did work out, at least. Elliptical for half hour before my clients, then I did strength training with them.
But my tummy has filled up so I suppose I should stop eating...

Speaking of eating.... Here's Today's Food:

peanut butter oatmeal
lunch
 In the wrap was grilled chicken, black bean salsa, and mixed greens. I put some of the guacamole
in the wrap and used to the rest to dip my bell pepper in. Sooooo good! I definitely will be making this wrap again. I love anything Mexican tasting!!

So I have been doing some reading/researching and it seems that one of the things missing in most people's diets is "healthy fat". Because everything went low-fat/no fat in recent years, any kind of fat scares most people. But foods containing healthy fats such as avocados, seeds, nuts, and olive oil to name a few, are just what you may need to be eating more of! (especially if you can't get those last 10 lbs. off!)
Healthy fats should make up about 30% of your daily diet. Have a handful of almonds for a snack. Cut up avocado to top off your salad. Cook with olive oil instead of butter. Healthy fats keep you full longer which will help you eat less overall. The only "negative" is that they contain 9 calories per gram which is high. So keep your portions under control with healthy fats.

Anyways, enough preaching! I need to get back to this:


Happy Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment