Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Shout Out

Happy Saturday friends!!

Just a quick update because my sister and I are about to head out on the town for some dinner with my friend Kim!

Wanted to thank Skinnyrunner for my shout out today on her blog! She seriously rocks...

So onto Today's Food!

Breakfast: Introduced my sis to the green monster smoothie! This one contained non-fat greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter, vanilla protein powder, and of course... SPINACH!!! She said she really liked it so now I have a new convert ;)

Also had half of a whole grain bagel with pb for some yummy carbs

After breakfast and some lingering around the apartment we headed to the gym. I trained 2 clients and Olivia joined in on the sessions. It was really fun today! I led my clients in an impromptu mini spin class. I hope to teach that someday soon!

After our great burn at the gym we made ourselves a couple huge, tasty salads:

gettin in our greens plus much more!
I also polished off my bag of whole wheat pita chips and garlic hummus dip. Love that stuff...
 Oh, and munched on some watermelon too to fill our bellies up!
Now we're about to head out and get some yummy brick oven pizza in Sacket's Harbor.  We made an attempt at dressin up a little which is fun especially for me since I basically live in sweats everyday.

self-timer kinda sucks...


And before I take off, enjoy this pic of me and my new pup, Shane!!




Have a great night! I'm certainly enjoying the company of my sister!!

3 comments:

  1. You made it in to SR's blog!!!!! Wooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on SR and saw that you were a fellow military spouse. I am as well (My hubby is in the Navy) and I just wanted to say "thank you" to him for his service and that I am happy to see he is coming home soon! I have 2 deployments under my belt so I definitely relate! I enjoy running and fitness as well so I am glad to have found your blog! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Awww, what a cute pup. I just got a Golden, he is three months now and very active!

    ReplyDelete