Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is it Thursday already?

Hello friends

Happy Thursday to you! I don't know about you, but this week has flown by pretty darn fast. Musta been the long weekend... either way I'm glad! I've been able to talk to Sethy everyday this week, which has been sooo wonderful! We've had great conversations and have been making some pretty awesome goals for ourselves reguarding our future. It's the "Cathey" in me to dream about/plan for the future. Just gotta remember to make the most of everyday and be thankful for every season in our lives. (and pray to God for guidance as well ;))

Random fact of the day: 30,000 children die everyday from starvation. Sorry to get all serious on you, but I've been leading a Bible study for youth and learned about this last night. I feel so... frustrated at myself that I wasn't even aware of this sad statistic. I told Seth about it and we will be praying about sponsoring a child in the near future. It's so easy to get comfortable and concentrate on my own little world but the truth is that many, many children are homeless, starving, and dying everyday. Down the road, Seth and I are hoping to adopt, but for now sponsoring a child might be what we can do to help make a huge difference in one child's life. Oh, and prayer of course ;)

So onto less serious matters...today's food!!

Breakfast: my peanutbutter oatmeal with cinnamon

Lunch was eaten in 3 parts:
First up was a side salad with spinach, mixed greens, broccoli slaw, and tomatoes with 1,000 island dressing

Veggies!
Next was a handful of peanuts!

Healthy fat!
Lastly, but not least, chicken sausage with bell pepper and onion


Protein and more veggies!


It was delish. I really enjoyed the variety of this lunch. I happen to find chicken sausage just as good as regular sausage so this lunch was a hit with me!

I also wanted to tell you guys that I am not going to go through with my "no sweets" until Seth gets home challenge. I know myself pretty well, and I can already tell that I've been craving sweets much more than normal because I know I "can't" have them. This always blows up in my face. So I'm going to take it back a notch and allow myself just one cadburry egg (best easter candy ever!) or one reeses cup a day. I will still avoid cookies, cake, and other candy. This way I can still look forward to my sweets everyday,  just not go overboard with them!

Meeting with a new client later so I'll tell ya how it goes tomorrow!
Later guys

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, Cadbury Eggs! It's been aa fast week, I guess. Next week I start watching Baby F everyday and I'm a little scared...but if the weather is good and I can get out of the house with the boys, I will survive!

    ReplyDelete