Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Picking youself up when you're down

Hello...

It's been one of those days so far. The gotta lot to do, haven't heard from Seth, lacking motivation, just wanna sit and cry days. It ain't fun and it ain't pretty. But it's NOT over yet and it's up to ME to put on my big girl pants and make the best of today.

So I wanted to share with ya'll some tips from yours truly to make the best out of bad days. These apply to everyone, but I hope this especially helps you military wives out there that may have had, are having, or will have one of those bad days. We all have 'em, afterall.

Tip 1: Cry. Don't be afraid of it. It's a natural release of emotions and sometimes it's just what you need  to do. Let it all out, wipe your runny nose, and move on.

Tip 2: Say a prayer to God for help and comfort. I also like to say motivational verses or phrases to myself throughout the day. Today mine is " She is clothed with strength and dignity. She can laugh at the days to come." -from the last chapter in Proverbs.

Tip 3: Get up and move! Sitting around in your sadness is never a good idea. Peel yourself out of bed or your couch and get around people. Take a walk. Jog it out. Go for a drive. Whatever you need to do to get your mind off of things and help you relax.

Tip 4: Do something nice for someone else. This is a win-win situation. You're helping make someone else's day better, which will make you feel better too. Selflessness is Godly and very rewarding.

TIP 5: Put on some fun music and dance like a crazy person. Kayla and I did that this morning. Sure I looked like a complete idiot but it was fun, had us laughing, and got some endorphins flowing.

So that's it folks. Feel free to add to my little list.
It's lunchtime so I'm off to eat my yummy salad. Later gators..

3 comments:

  1. Good tips, girly! I hope your day gets better. Don't forget, ask God to lift you up, it's so much more effective than trying to do it on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these tips!! I know I'll be re-reading this post when August comes. Love ya girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey bem! I just found you on here :) anyways good post and I'm excited to read more! I love you and am praying for you and Seth

    ReplyDelete