Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sparkle, Glimmer, Glisten, Shine

As I shoveled my way out this morning I noticed how unusually sparkly the snow was. It looked like little white diamonds had fallen from the sky and landed perfectly on my driveway, car, snowbank, etc. Then it got me thinking that maybe God was just giving me a little extra something special to marvel at this morning. That maybe this deployment was nearing its end and all will soon sparkle and shine. That though I am nothing but dust, God sees me as a little white diamond in this dark world.

Either way, I am thankful for the snow this morning. It actually hadn't snowed quite as much a predicted so I will count that a blessing. Yesterday afternoon and night were pretty chill. Cleaned up a bit around the house, finished laundry, took a nap(!), made some phone calls, and wrote Seth some more.  As I already knew, sitting around too much thinking and missing him isn't the best idea so I'm glad to be back to work and my normal schedule today.

My meeting at the gym with my manager was canceled yesterday so stay tuned to find out when I will begin my work there as a personal trainer...

Also, later I will be posting my Top Three health tips. So exciting, right? ;)
Have a good morning everyone! Oh, and if you can remember, please say a prayer for my Grandpa and his health and, as always, for the troops and their safety. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Your diamond/snow analogy is so beautiful - I love it! I'm enjoying your blog - What a great idea for you to start one! :-)

    ReplyDelete